Tap water can have chemicals from residential, commercial and industrial sewage, not to mention the amount of paint, oil, medication, hormones and detergents that find their way into the water supply. The government ensure we only drink pH 7 water which is neutral but they do nothing to prevent the ingestion of these toxic substances, some of which are known carcinogens.
Usually a clean water option, but watch out this water can be acidic. Also how long has the water been in that bottle? What is the bottle made of? Where was the water sourced from? Could the water have been contaminated post collection? How much are you spending per month on buying expensive bottled water which not only has the potential to be acidic but also carries little to no health benefits at all? Additionally, there is very little regulation controlling the bottling of water, hence the government’s recent exposure of the amount of bacteria in bottled water.
- The World Health Organisation does not support the idea put forward by bottled water manufacturers that there are any beneficial effects to consuming mineral waters as opposed to tap water
- Mineral water goes through only 13 tests, and the producers are under no obligation to test the water regularly, or publish their findings. And, there are no mandatory tests for Spring water
- 1.5 million tons of plastic are used to bottle water. Toxic chemicals can be released into the environment during the manufacture, and disposal of the bottles
- When independently tested in the UK and USA, the majority of bottled waters were deemed unsuitable for human consumption due to the amount of toxins in the water through man-made contamination
- Due to bottled water being stored for long periods, and sometimes at higher than usual temperatures, micro-organisms can grow to higher levels than in tap water
- Bottled water costs up to 1500 times more than tap water
The most common installed home filtration system is Reverse Osmosis. Did you know that if you filled a bowl with Reverse Osmosis water and filled it with fish they would all die? This is because the water is ‘dead’. There is no life force, vitality, oxygen or minerals in the water. Now if this can kill a fish – what is it likely to do to your cells? If you use the standard filters which may comprise between one and three cartridges then they are much better than drinking bottled or tap water. Most of them can also work well with water ionizers.
Facts about Reverse Osmosis (RO) water filter machines
- RO water is an active absorber, so when in contact with air, it absorbs carbon dioxide making it acidic, which is dangerous to the body
- All metals and minerals are filtered out with RO water filter machines. If you’ve seen the dirty water test carried out by water filter machine retailers, you can see the process live. Don’t be fooled, our body needs more than just the H2O from the water
- When acidic water is consumed, studies have shown that higher levels of calcium, magnesium, and other trace minerals were found in the urine – this sort of mineral loss means increased risk of degenerative conditions such as osteoporosis, coronary artery disease, and high blood pressure
- If RO water companies are not recommending using supplements for the mineral loss more than likely caused by consuming RO water, then they’re not looking after the health of their customers. But even in tests, people who drink RO water with supplements are still not as well mineralised as the people who drink normal water – there is no comparison between RO and electrolysed water
When looking at water ionizers ask yourself this: is it hypoallergenic? Does it have professional endorsements? Does it contain a Water Neuro Electrolysis computer? What warranty is being offered? What support is available post sales. Do they offer a money back guarantee? Do they offer rental options?